I saw Reese’s Eggs in the store yesterday and couldn’t get them off my mind. Why are they so much better than regular Reese’s peanut butter cups? I think it’s probably the higher peanut butter to chocolate ratio. Anyways, I whipped these up to kill my craving. Hope you like them!
- 1 scoop Chocolate protein powder (I used BSN)
- 2 tbs Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbs Stevia (or honey)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (If you don’t do dairy or have this on hand, you could probably skip this ingredient, I just added it for more volume)
- 1/3 cup Almond or skim milk
- 2 1/2 tbs Creamy peanut butter
Variations: If you want a lower calorie treat, substitute 4-5 tbs of peanut flour mixed with 2 tbs water for the regular peanut butter. You can also use a mini muffin tray to make smaller cups.
Whisk together everything but the peanut butter until you have a pudding consistency. Pour half of the chocolate mixture into muffin tins with paper liners (about 1 heaping tablespoon into each). Leave in the freezer about 20 minutes or until hardened. Spread 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter into each cup then top with the rest of the chocolate mixture. Freeze 1-2 hours before eating. Store any uneaten treats in a zip lock in the freezer.
Makes 5 Peanut Butter Cups.
Nutrition Stats: (for 1 cup)
Protein: 8 grams
Carbs: 5 grams
Fat: 5 grams
Sugar: 2 grams