It’s been over a month since I’ve posted a recipe but for good reason. We bought our first house! I’ll post a few pictures after we tackle the yard work.
Here’s a recipe I’ve made the last couple of weeks for a mid-morning snack. I’ve got a work conference I have to travel for next week so I’m throwing these in the freezer and packing them so I have some healthy options.
- 1 1/2 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened applesauce (or mashed banana)
- 1/2 cup Nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 4 Egg whites
- 1/2 cup Vanilla protein powder (or 1/2 cup more oats)
- 1/2 cup Stevia (or sweetner of choice that measures like sugar)
- 1 cup Fresh or frozen mixed blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Cinnamon (optional)
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend all ingredients except for berries. Gently fold in berries. Pour into 12 muffin cups. This recipe works best with silicon baking cups but if you do use paper liners, spray them really well. Bake for 22-27 minutes or until a fork comes out clean. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze them.
(For an optional streusel topping, mix together 1/2 cup oats, 3 tbs applesauce, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbs Stevia and sprinkle on top before baking)
Nutrition Stats: for 1 Muffin
Protein: 8 grams
Carbs: 11 grams
Fat: 1 gram
Sugar: 4 grams