I love pizza on a ninja turtle level but if there is a way I can make it delicious, easier on the waistline, and sneak veggies in the process then count me in. I hear the complaint that cauliflower crust pizza takes too long to make but really unless you’re popping a DiGiorno in the oven, all homemade pizza takes prep work. You can change toppings but I always make mine BBQ Chicken because its obviously the best kind :).
- 1 Large head of cauliflower
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Mozerella cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 1/2 cup (or two small breasts) Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded (I just stick frozen breasts in the crockpot with 1 cup of broth on low for 8 hours)
- 3/4 cup reduced fat cheese (I use 1/2 moz and 1/2 cheddar combo)
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I try to find a low sugar sauce like Stubbs)
- 1/3 cup Sliced red onion
- Fresh cilantro
To make crust: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut cauliflower into quarters and grate florets (or throw florets into a food processor and pulse until its a rice-like texture). Heat the grated cauliflower in the microwave, uncovered, for 8 minutes. Stir and let cool. Add the rest of the crust ingredients and form into a 1/2 inch crust shape on a piece of foil or parchment. Bake for 25 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
Mix the pre-cooked chicken with bbq sauce and spread onto the crust. Add the sliced onion and cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and enjoy!
Makes 8 slices
Nutrition Stats for 1 Slice:
Protein: 11 grams
Carbs: 6 grams
Fat: 6 grams