I make this recipe when I either want frozen yogurt or I have one of those days where nothing seems to fill me up. My go to toppings lately have been PB2 Crackers, Peanut Butter, Hersheys SF Syrup, Fruit, Mini Chocolate Chips within a reasonable portion.
The best thing about this is that there are endless options of flavors.
I just got Cellucor’s new Chocolate Chip Mint whey powder in the mail – I’m can’t wait to make a delicious bowl of proyo with that!
Recipe for Chocolate ProYo:
- 1 scoop Protein, casein or whey
- 2 tbs Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 2 packets (or 1 tbs) Stevia or sweetener of choice
- 3/4 cup Nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Xantham gum (this helps thicken it, if you don’t have it, cut down the almond milk to 1/2 cup)
Peanut Butter Flavor Option: Sub 1 tbs nut butter or 2 tbs peanut flour for cocoa powder.
Cheesecake Flavor Option: Sub 1-2 tbs Cheesecake pudding mix for cocoa powder.
Mix ingredients in a blender. Stick in the freezer for an hour (if you do longer, let it sit at room temp for about 15 minutes as it will be pretty hardened. Go crazy with toppings! This recipe makes a HUGE serving, so feel free to cut it in half for a snack size.
Protein: 41 grams
Carbs: 15 grams
Fat: 6 grams
Sugar: 9 grams